Statement of Faith
1. WE BELIEVE in One Living and True God, who is infinitely perfect and unchangeable. From all eternity He exists in three persons of one nature, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory who execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption. (I Corinthians 8:4, Isaiah 45:5, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 5:48, James 1:17, Jeremiah 10:10, Psalms 42:4, John 1:18, John 10:30, John 14:16-17, John 15:26, John 1:1, Matthew 28:19-20, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Revelation 5:13, Ephesians 3:14-21)
2. WE BELIEVE in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. The Father is the Source of all that exists, whether of matter or spirit. With the Son and the Holy Spirit, He made man, male and female, in His image. In love and mercy, He both seeks and receives repentant sinners. (John 13:3, John 20:17, Acts 2:33, Romans 1:7, Ephesians 6:23, Philippians 4:20, Psalms 68:5, Isaiah 64:8, Genesis 2:26, Matthew 7:11, John 3:17, Romans 8:15, 1 Peter 1:17.)
3. WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of His Father on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace. (Act 2:33; Philippians 2:6–11, Luke 1:34–38, I Peter 3:18, Hebrews 2:9, Romans 5:9, Acts 2:23–24, Hebrews 8:1, Matthew 26:64)
4. WE BELIEVE the Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to dwell, guide, teach, fill and empower the believer, and to convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. (Acts 5:3-4; John 14:15–18, John 16:13, Acts 1:8, Ephesians 5:18, John 16:7–11)
5. WE BELIEVE the Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. (2 Peter 1:20–21, 2 Timothy 3:15–16)
6. WE BELIEVE that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. Marriage was ordained by God at creation as the sacred union of one man and one woman only. All sexual relations must therefore be reserved for that union. Christian marriage is a representation of Christ’s relationship to His church. We also believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. Thus, all human life is sacred and worthy of protection from the moment of conception. (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:24; Psalm 127 & 128; 139:13-16; Matthew 19:1-10; I Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrew 13:4)
7. WE BELIEVE that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individuals are to be repudiated and are not in accord in Scripture nor the doctrines of the church. We teach that faithful proclamation of the Scripture, including the call to repentance, does not constitute hate speech, or hateful and harassing behavior, but is instead a fundamental part of the church’s loving mission to the world. (Proverbs 3:3-4, Mark 12:28-31; Matt.28:16-20, 2 Cor. 5:11-20, 1 Timothy 1:5, 2 Timothy 4:1-2)
8. WE BELIEVE humankind was originally created in the image and likeness of God: They fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who are unrepentant and unbelieving will exist forever in hell; and those who are believers will exist forever in heaven. (Genesis 1:27, Romans 3:23, 1 Corinthians 15:20–23, Revelation 21:8, Revelation 21:1–4)
9. WE BELIEVE salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all humankind and is the necessity of the new birth for entrance into God's Kingdom. All who come by grace through faith to accept the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby receive the gift of eternal life and become children of God. This salvation of humankind is wholly a work of God's free grace and not the result of human works or goodness and must be personally appropriated by individual repentance and faith. Scripture teaches that other religions and ideologies are not alternative paths to God, and that human spirituality, if unredeemed by Christ, leads not to God but to judgment, for Christ is the only way. (John 1:12-13, 3:3-5, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16, Titus 3:4–7, John 14:6)
10. WE BELIEVE it is the will of God that every believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and live a sanctified life for the purpose of continuing growth in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ for sound spiritual health. Sanctification is the on-going process of yielding to God's Word and his Spirit in order to complete the development of Christ's character in us. It is only through the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God that the Christian is enabled to live a holy life and be effective in ministry. (John 8:31-32, Acts 1:8, Romans 8:29, 12:1, 2, 2 Corinthians 3:18, 6:14-18, Ephesians 4:14-15, Eph. 5:18, Philippians 1:6, 1 Thessalonians 4:3; 5:23, 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 and Hebrews 2:11, 5:11-6:3, 2 Peter 1:3)
11. WE BELIEVE the Church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into the entire world as a witness, preaching the gospel and making disciples in all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Ephesians 1:22–23, Matthew 28:19–20, Acts 2:41–47)
12. WE BELIEVE Jesus Christ was physically resurrected from the dead in a glorified body three days after His death on the cross. As a result, both the saved and the lost will be resurrected—they that are saved to the resurrection of eternal life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of eternal separation from God in a literal hell. (Luke 24:16, 36-39, John 2:19-21, 20:26-28, 21:4, Acts 24:15, 1 Corinthians 15:42- 44, Philippians 1:21- 23, 3:21, 1 John 3:2).
13. WE BELIEVE the return of Jesus Christ will be a physical and visible return to earth a second time to establish His kingdom. This will occur at a date undisclosed by the Scriptures. The New Testament consistently testifies to the Second Coming of Christ. Jesus’ own teaching on His return can be summed up in three phrases: be watching, be ready and be about my work. We are committed to know the signs of the times, to living holy lives and doing our part to complete Jesus’ Great Commission before His glorious second coming. (Matthew 24:30; Matthew 24:42, Matthew 24:44, 26:63-64, Acts 1:7-11, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, 2 Thessalonians 1:7- 8, Hebrews 10:37 and Revelation 1:7).